The charm of the loop route of Great-Poland (starting from Slesin) lays in its diversity. For a while, you sail on canals, afterwards on a fast flowing river, then on a river with locks, then again on canals, to end on a marvelous lake. This loop offers all sorts of sensations: wild nature with breathtaking landscapes on one side, interesting hydro-technical installations and towns worthy of visits, on other side.
- Tourist attractions
- Available boats
On th Ślesin's side...
- Ślesin - town with the famous gate, dedicated to Napoleon who stayed here for a few days.
- Beautiful old town of Bydgoszcz, located along the Brda river, called local Amsterdam or Venice.
- The Mice Tower in Kruszwica - famous place from Polish early history.
- Beautiful lake of Gopło where the first Polish princes founded the country.
- The Polish culinary specialities - pierogi, bigos, zurek soup, fresh fishes from local rivers, all accompanied by the best vodka and local beer.
- The city of Poznań with a few hundred years of history, ex Polish capital with many remnants of the glories past - eg. great Main Market Square.
Suggestions for cruises from Ślesin
Ślesin – Konin –Kruszwica - Barcin – Ślesin, 10 locks - 200km
Ślesin – Konin – Poznań – Gorzów Wlkp. - Bydgoszcz – Ślesin, 36 locks - 700km
Vistula Cruiser 30